Friday, July 27, 2012

Loved, Lost, Lived


It's been a long cold night
Don't want to admit to lonliness
I'm fine on my own
But I still think about you now and then

And we both went different paths
And we've traveled different ways
Parting isn't always so cruel

And we're both different people
And we both had to change
Maybe it's better this way

I don't hate you
No it's not like that at all
I wish it would have turned out differently
But this is life and these are the choices that we've made

And this life is
Beautiful
Beautiful
Beautiful

2 comments:

  1. This seems so familiar to a friendship I have.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of bittersweet, isn't it? I think that's one thing most humans have in common. We've all had those relationships that have ended, and someone's usually hurt. It just makes me look forward to heaven more and more!

      Delete