Thursday, June 28, 2012

Call My Name





I'm not who I am
And I'm far from who I want to be
Every ounce of me wants to pack up and leave

Maybe if I go away 
I can change into who I'm supposed to be
Only God knows who that is anyway

I can't stop the demons 
From breaking into my dreams
But they don't leave even after I wake up

And if I ever met the devil
I'd tell him that he failed
Even though he's almost killed me many times 

And I know you're not a drug 
And I know you're not a fix all 
But at least can you just hold me for tonight?

I miss being in your presence 
I miss knowing that you're near
And I'd give up everything just to hear you call my name

2 comments:

  1. Eden was a special place before sin. Sabbath was a special day that God came to visit the inhabitants, and they could tell Him all about what new animals they saw, what their favorite food of the week was, and how great it was to swim for the first time, or maybe fly. And like a toddler excitedly telling his dad of a new bug he found in the backyard, the Father listens very closely, most interested, and takes great pleasure in their excitement as they discover their world. When they sinned, they weren't there when God came to meet with them. He knew where they were, but he still called out their names. Where are you my child? Where have you gone? God is calling our name, the only way we lose eternal life is if we don't answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. Man. Will you please start a blog already? :)

    ReplyDelete