Wednesday, October 29, 2014

to catch you up

Warning: this is just a life update. Not deep or insightful or anything.
It seems as if I begin each journal entry, each email and each blog post with, "I moved to such-and-such city last month." or "I'm dating someone amazing." And my personal favorite, "I GOT ENGAGED!!!... Several months ago." I'm horrible at updating everything and everyone. Thank goodness that Facebook lets me update my relationship status.

I'm engaged by the way. No big deal. (Super big deal.) And moved to Portland.

This is where he asked me to marry him--Bridal Veil Falls in the Columbia River Gorge.




 The rock we're standing on stuck out into the middle of the river, putting us close enough to feel the spray from the falls. Here's the perspective from downstream; the waterfall is just around the corner on the right.

It was awesome. And the man I'm marrying is awesome too! I'm so blessed.

I'm in my junior year of nursing school right now and loving (almost) every second of it. It's a wonderful thing when you know you're right where you need to be. I've been learning so much about so many things and I'm finally starting to feel like I know a little bit about how the human body works. It's about time!

I've also been learning a lot about myself the past several months. A few things on the list:
-I have anxiety.
-If I don't control my anxiety by keeping my mind and body healthy, school is really hard.
-I really like The Office.
-Despite being an introvert, I do enjoy having friends. And I need to spend time with them.
-I'm a hypochondriac. (Not actually new.)
-I self-diagnose constantly in nursing school. (Newer.)
-I've got to be OK with who I am whether I have that diagnosis or not. (Newest.)
-I miss owning a dog.
-I'm hopelessly in love. (Not a new thing, but I'm reminded again every day!)
-Wedding planning is really stressful--and hard!. (I have a man and a dress. Isn't that enough?)
-Portland, while hipster and full of coffee, isn't that great. What is this 'sun' anyway?
-I love being ultra-organized. And planning for everything.
-I love making lists.

I've probably learned more. Goodness, I hope I have. But when I read posts from other bloggers about how they're struggling and succeeding in life, it makes me feel connected somehow. It's nice to know I'm not alone. You're not either.

"Sometime smiling is the best act of defiance, 
and sometimes asking for help is the most meaningful form of self-reliance. 
Sometimes the best medicine is just to laugh until you cry,
and sometimes the greatest wisdom comes from accepting you will just never know why. 
Sometimes just going to bed is the best antidote to trials and tribulations,
and sometimes just being blessed to get up again and face it all, 
for one more day, 
is worthy of celebration." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment