Friday, November 1, 2013

Never Forsake

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like a conqueror today. This entire week has consisted of me continuously lifting my hands to the heavens, in defeat, frustration, prayer, all turning into praise. Oh, God is so good! Every time I put something in God's hands this week, He immediately took my gift and did something with it. Worries were replaced with peace. My empty mind replaced with knowledge. My worn body replaced with the energy of a 6 year old. 

So I personalized Romans 8:35-37 today: 

What can separate me from the love of Christ?
Will homework?
Will midterms?
Will sickness?
Will career choices?
Will discouragement?
Will exhaustion?
Will my human-ness?

But in all these things I overwhelmingly conquered because of Him--He loves me. 

The soul that is trusting in Jesus as Lord
Will press on enduring the darkest of storm
And though even hell should endeavor to shake
He'll never
No, never
No, never forsake! 

How firm our foundation!
How sure our salvation!
And we won't be shaken.
How firm our foundation! 

I'm overwhelmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment