Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the water's great!


After dinner the other night, my dad brought a gift bag into the living room. "We got you a little something the other day and forgot to give it to you," he said. I pulled out a journal, a bouncy ball with a grape on it, and then a pair of sunglasses. They said Boise Bible College on them. WHAT? "This isn't from you!!" I screeched. My parents had just taken the credit for someone else's gift! How evil. My dad then handed me the painting above. WOW. The box my sister was sending me had finally come! "We accidentally opened it,"  mom lied. "Hey, before you go do whatever you do at night, come out and see the sunset." I walked out the front door and there, standing in all her wonderfulness, was my sister. She had driven hours just to come see me. I was shocked. It was pretty much the most surprised I've ever been.

We spent two wonderful days together, watching movies, kayaking, talking, singing, and eating. But the picture she painted for me was something I needed today. I leave for college in three days, and my mind is freaking out. I know what God wants me to do, and I know I'm going to the right place, but everything is new and different. Also, my mom and dad aren't there. And I'm not really sure I can sleep without my dog cuddled up beside me. But seeing this every day reminds me that I need to 'step out of the boat' and experience the life God has planned for me.

I want to walk on the water too.

No comments:

Post a Comment